Sunday, May 23, 2010

Taking time to stamp


Now you can see my take on the Lockhart stamps. I used Ciao markers on white luster paper after stamping in Brilliance ink. I used Graphic 45 papers when I layered the images.

I stamped these flower pots with a newly reinked Brilliance pad and the outer frame smeared when I colored it so I stamped the image again on on a paper sprayed with Smooch spray then cut out the colored picture and layered it, then put it on the pink card.

I like the sweet flowers and repeated the images on the bottom of the card with an Impression Obsession stamp and colored it with Copic Ciao markers too.

I really like how the Ciao markers feel in my hands. After a while the Sketch markers tire me out since they are wider. Both have the same super brush tips marked with a gray rim so I can grab it quickly. My preference too is for the paler colors since I can go 2 or 3 shades darker just by layering the same color.

Here's my take on the vase of lilacs. After coloring and layering, I used some flower soft on the flowers. I used two colors of purple and a touch of sweet pea. I imagined the vase as one of those white hobnail antiques and so after coloring I brushed some blue-green interference watercolor from the interference palette, my favorite. I especially like the colors on dark papers because they show up as pearly metallic but on a whitish design like this you get a lovely iridescence. To top if off I attached a small bow.                           
If you think I like flowers, you would be right. This vase reminded me of my niece's wedding bouquet of sweet peas, orchids and other purple Spring flowers. I colored it a little paler than her flowers.  (Her theme was peacocks and the colors were all deep teal, blue and purples.)After I finished coloring I used Crystal lacquer to color the vase so it is 3 dimensional.Last is a tribute to warm weather. A lovely beach chair, sand done with Fun flock. I had fun using my new warm grays #1 and #5 and of course the original Copic color of sand. The dotted wave punch worked for an edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers